“Corporate Intl Legal Awards Winner 2016 AVIATION FIRM OF THE YEAR”
With over 40 years of credible experience in Shipping and Aviation law the firm is undoubtedly a leader. We are the only firm in Nigeria to boast of having represented 4 major International carriers on a host of legal issues. In addition we have represented several ship owners, chatterers and insurers.
Over the years we have provided advice to our clients on aircraft and vessel financing, aircraft route licensing and regulation, general insurance and litigation claims.
Currently we act as retained Solicitor’s to Alitalia Airlines, we also represented Iberia Airlines (1973 – 1992), Scandinavian Airlines (1975 – 1984), and Air Portugal.More recently we advised a Mediterranean and a Russian Airline on their respective proposed bids to enter the Nigerian market. We have also represented a number of ship owners in respect of ship arrests and the substantive claims.
- Airline Registration/Licensing
- Certification and technical matters
- Aviation insurance/reinsurance
- Airline financing, acquisition and leasing
- Lease termination and aircraft repossession
- Passenger/cargo claims
- Commodities contracts and disputes
- Trade finance /letters of credit and bank guarantees
- Bills of lading/carriage of goods by sea
- Charter parties, including cruise ship charters and bareboat charters
- Collision and salvage
- Shipping related personal injury claims
- Ship finance, sale and purchase